“In general, the clumpers are tropical and the runners are temperate.”
Our goal with this website is to educate our members & the public about tropical, sub-tropical & temperate bamboo species that thrive in USDA Hardiness Zones 8-12. Bamboo can be used and enjoyed in many diverse ways in Florida & The Caribbean, from ornamental landscape to construction and even health & nutrition.
- The fastest growing plant on this planet.
- A critical element in the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- A viable replacement for wood.
- An enduring natural resource.
- Versatile with a short growth cycle.
- A critical element of the economy.
- An essential structural material in earthquake architecture.
- A renewable resource for agro forestry production.
- A natural controllable barrier.
- An ancient medicine.
- Integrally involved in culture and the arts.